Thursday, December 13, 2007

Unsettling Flex Builder 3 Beta 3 Install

I just installed the OS X plugin version Flex Builder 3 Beta 3 that was put up on labs last night. Before I started, I ran the uninstall script from Beta 2. Everything went smoothly until the very end when I get the message that says Installation complete, but with errors, please check the log.

So I went and checked the log and for the life of me, I can't find any errors. Oh well, it seems to be running.

The second thing that was a little disturbing was that when it asked for the serial numbers for registration, it no longer likes you FB2 license and there is no place to put in your serial number for charting. I'm betting that this is what is actually supposed to happen this time. I think I read somewhere that charting is being included now in the base product. That's awesome. I think charting is one of flex's biggest selling points to non-techies. Also, I'm guessing that the serial number doesn't work this time because we're going to get the real release withing 90 days (fingers crossed).

1 comment:

  1. I'm having major issues with the Standalone version.

    Won't take my Serial #

    And is telling me that it can't find any Flex SDKs

    !@#$%

    ReplyDelete