Monday, February 19, 2007

Save up to $100 on Flex Builder 2 with Charting

If you've been here recently, you may know that I've made the switch to the Mac as my primary development computer. It has been great fun getting to learn some of the ins and outs of the new platform. One of the things I find surprising is the ease with which you can type on the keyboard. I didn't really expect to actually type faster. I'm still missing a few of the windows editing keys, but I'm sure I'll get used to their equivalents eventually.

One that that hasn't been so great is that none of my Adobe software can be transferred to the other platform even though the computer I used them on no longer exists. Bummer.

Here is my shameless plug to help unload my copy of Flex Builder:

So, if you're using windows/vista and intend to keep using it and you haven't purchased your copy of Flex Builder 2 yet, maybe we can help each other out.

I'm selling my copy of Flex Builder 2 with Charting for windows on eBay in order to raise some cash to help pay for my Mac copy. In order to entice you to pick up my used copy, I'll save you as much as $100.00; maybe more if you include sales tax and Adobe's expensive shipping.

UPDATE: I'm no longer selling my copy on eBay. Check out the comments below for some good advice.

5 comments:

  1. If you contact customer service you should be able to get your license transferred to Mac. The experience isn't flawless, but it should work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, you're kidding. It's explicitly prohibited in the license. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah what Matt said. I haven't done it, but have seen a few posts about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, contact customer service. Some reps know about it, some do not. Even if you do get one who does, the process might not be as smooth as you hope it to be. Check out this thread:

    http://www.mail-archive.com/flexcoders@yahoogroups.com/msg54042.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice all around. I was able to contact Adobe customer support and received a very knowledgeable that was able to describe the process and got the ball rolling. It takes a few days to process the change and you have to do a little paperwork, but all-in-all a pretty painless process.

    I'm really looking forward to workingi with flex on my mac!

    ReplyDelete