Thursday, September 14, 2006

CFCBlaster - Simple code generator

I thought I would throw this out there just in case it can help somebody. This is a little tool I use to bootstrap a lot of my simple table driven cfcs.

It's not built with any framework in mind, but you are more than welcome to hack the code to suit your needs. I imagine that a lot of people will need to strip out my vss header, but that should be relatively trivial.

Also, it's built with MSSQL as the db, so if you are using some other db, you're probably going to have to do some hacking.

Let me know if you are able to make use of it at all!

Download CFCBlaster

5 comments:

  1. Mike, I will definitely check this out and put it on the open source list as well...have you taken a look at my code generator? http://code.google.com/p/cfcgenerator/ - I went through a bit of work trying to make it really easy to customize the output. Anyway, hope you check it out as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brian,
    I've heard a lot of good things about your cfcgenerator. I haven't had a chance to take a look at it yet. I don't generally run mach-ii, so there is a bit more overhead for me to get that running.

    The one I put together is more along the lines of "quick and dirty" as opposed to "slick and flexible". It gets my job done, but maybe not anybody else's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran the code right out of the box but got an error:

    Could not find the included template generateBean.cfm.
    Note: If you wish to use an absolute template path (e.g. TEMPLATE="/mypath/index.cfm") with CFINCLUDE then you must create a mapping for the path using the ColdFusion Administrator. Using relative paths (e.g. TEMPLATE="index.cfm" or TEMPLATE="../index.cfm") does not require the creation of any special mappings. It is therefore recommended that you use relative paths with CFINCLUDE whenever possible.

    The error occurred in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\temp\tst\index.cfm: line 241

    (it wont let me past the line numbers code)

    where did i go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doh! You didn't do anything wrong, there was a file missing from my upload. I replaced the old upload, so try pulling it down again and see if that works.

    Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've also uploaded copies of the base components I use as extension points for most of the generated code.

    ReplyDelete